Music Shoals has an absolutely iconic lineage of musicians involved in its history. During the heyday of rock and roll, soul, and blues of the late 1950’s and into the 1970’s, two recording studios were responsible for some of the greatest 20th century American musical recordings. They were FAME (Florence Alabama Music Enterprises) Studios and Muscle Shoals Sound Studio. Everyone from the Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, Paul Simon, Etta James, The Rolling Stones, and The Allman Brothers spent some time in and around Muscle Shoals.
The studio has earned the distinction of being the Hit Recording Capital of the World. BizBuzz Digital harnessed this bold history for the Foundation’s new marketing strategy.
- The problems were quite broad and hard to pinpoint, but they can be summarized in two ways.
- Muscle Shoals was not receiving the amount of traffic it should have given its legacy.
- The Foundation was not grabbing the attention of target demographics through social media.
- The solutions tackled each of these problems directly. They sought to improve the current image using targeted methods.
- Developed a smart and focused outreach effort through social media.
- Attracted more traffic through broad keywords.
- Actively managed the social media interactions, posts, and pages.
The results were impressive. The Hit Recording Capital of the World managed to generate traffic and attention in all the right areas.
- Generated more revenue on all available platforms.
- Established a distinct social media following.
- Built broad and varied keywords when searching for music in Shoal’s area that generated more traffic.